|In 1938 the brass buttoned tunic which dated from before the Great War was replaced by the battledress blouse.
The battledress finished at the waist with a cloth belt and had plastic buttons.
There were two main versions,one fly fronted and the other with front and pocket buttons visible.
Apart from the cap badge all badges were usually cloth, either printed or embroidered. The epaulettes were narrower than the 1908 tunic and collar badges were discontinued.
Most regiments wore the side cap wth two small brass buttons, shown here.
There was a pocket on the front of the left trouser leg. Webbing or leather gaiters replaced puttees .